Siloam Springs sales tax receipts were up $13,502 in May compared to the same month last year.
Sales tax receipts were $686,516 in May 2018, compared to $673,014 in May 2017, according to the June issue of City & Town Magazine.
County sales tax receipts were up $32,253, from $267,293 in May 2017 to $299,816 in May 2018.
The city's sales tax receipts come from its 2 percent sales tax. The total sales tax rate in Siloam Springs is 9.5 percent.
City sales tax receipts are used for utility infrastructure, repayment of wastewater treatment plant bonds, the city's general fund, public safety and the street department.
A share of county sales tax receipts pays on two water utility infrastructure bonds.
Other cities that saw an increase in city sales tax receipts were:
• Bentonville, up $393,167 to $2.6 million
• Eureka Springs, up $15,987 to $214,724
• Fayetteville, up $308,679 to $3.89 million
• Gentry, up $12,191 to $63,958
• Rogers, up $234,370 to $3.3 million
• Springdale, up $134,065 to $2.58 million.
Cities that saw a decrease in city sales tax receipts were:
• Lincoln, down $6,594 to $43,679General News on 06/10/2018
Print Headline: Sales tax receipts show growth continues in May